Scotland’s Self Management Strategy for Long Term Conditions, ‘Gaun Yersel’, was launched by The ALLIANCE and the Scottish Government in September 2008. Self Management is part of the Person-centred Ambition of the NHS Scotland Quality Strategy.
The ALLIANCE supports self management in a number of ways including:
- Working in partnership with our members, NHS, Local Authorities and the Scottish Government to develop and implement policy and good practice – including Gaun Yersel.
- Hosting the Self Management Network Scotland to share experience and best practice through networking events, blog articles and e-mail communications.
- Administering the Self Management Fund for Scotland.
- Leading on the My Condition My Terms My Life Self Management Awareness Raising Campaign
- Supporting Scotland’s Self Management Week
- Read our overview report to find out more about the ALLIANCE’s work in shaping the self management landscape in Scotland.